This article outlines how to create an event and related agenda for Bevy Virtual Conference. See Bevy Virtual for non-conference events.
To create a virtual conference event:
- Within the Chapter Dashboard, click Events from the left sidebar.
- Click New Event and choose the Virtual Conference.
The event types that are available are determined at the admin level from within the Admin Dashboard.
- Fill out the General Information tab:
Title and Description
- You can drag and drop photos to the event description
- Description text can be styled (bold, italic, etc.) by selecting a given word or text. Styling options will appear once a selection is made.
- Optionally apply tags for analytics purposes. (Tags must be enabled by your administrator.)
- Optionally hide the event to prevent it from appearing on the Chapter page and avoid sending emails to members.
Schedule and Agenda
- Input the date and time your conference begins and the date and time at which it ends. The agenda in the dashboard displays in the event's timezone.
For hybrid or in-person venue event, you have to complete a physical location where the event will take place.
The location field will autocomplete with proposed sites (validated with Google Maps) based on your input. If you need further details, you can use the "locations details" fields to complete them. In this section, you can also select to Show or Hide the location on the Event page.
The lobby is optional. Including content in this section provides an alternative entry point to attendees that can help create excitement as the first attendee touchpoint. Learn more about the lobby.
Virtual Event Platform
Conference event types automatically use the Bevy Virtual platform.
- Enter the Facebook Pixel ID (if applicable).
- Add various People roles.
Learn more about speaker profiles.
- Add Sponsors & Partners.
Learn more about sponsors and partners.
- Add Tickets/RSVPs.
Learn more about tickets.
- Click Save Draft and Preview before publishing.
After you save the event, you’ll see 4 main options for building agenda items:
Click to learn more about each of these elements:
Each agenda item provides unique content and interactivity options within the entire conference experience.
Make sure to save the agenda at each step. Build in breaks between segments on the stage.
How does the appear on my conference event page?
Here's an example from a customer event. The public facing Conference agenda will be based on what you add in the builder above for Stage and Sessions.
Article is closed for comments.