Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Introducing "Embed It"
We are pleased to roll out "Embed It", a new feature to connect any website and community platform into your Bevy instance, starting in December 2023. This feature will include out of the box widgets with your Bevy subscription, such as Facebook, Instagram, Spotify. Along with an option to upgrade for $5,000 annually and build any custom widget for your specific community tools such as Khoros, Insided, Airtable, etc. Please click on this link to let us know if you’d like to add it or get a quick demo.
Website Analytics Added to the Chapter Dashboard
On the chapter dashboard, chapter organizers now have a website analytics tab powered by Google Analytics to identify trends and patterns in how visitors engage with their chapter page. Chapter organizers can learn more about this new dashboard in the Bevy Help Center.
Event Attendees Report Update
Two new filters, email domain, company, and one new column, company, were added to the event attendees report in the admin report download center. With this new information, HQ admins can identify a population of event attendees for a particular company.
Simplified Admin Dashboard Newsletter Table
We are introducing a revamped admin Newsletter table! We've streamlined the navigation by merging the "Send," "Draft," and "Scheduled" emails into one tab. Furthermore, enjoy other benefits such as advanced filters, clearer column headers, and streamlined action menus.
Bevy virtual meetup Enhancements
Explore the latest upgrades to Bevy virtual meetup.
• Raise Hands Functionality is now available
For many to many sessions, attendees can seamlessly engage in interactive calls by raising their hand, and with a helpful notification, your hand will automatically lower after speaking for more than 10 seconds upon unmuting.
• Enhanced Haircheck default settings
Upon entering the Haircheck page, you're now automatically muted, preventing unintended eavesdropping moments.
• Introducing Sorting in Q&A
Now, when handling larger events, easily manage a flood of questions by sorting them based on Most Voted or Most Recent, ensuring you can swiftly address the most relevant queries first.
• Breakout Room Improvements
Experience a more engaging group dynamic with the new "Grid view" upon entering. Additionally, enjoy a clear 30-second countdown warning before the room closes for a smoother transition.
Here are highlights of issues resolved
- Mobile issue with banners — We've addressed a mobile display problem where banners on event pages obstructed essential buttons. Now, banners are relocated under the page header and are no longer sticky in mobile views, ensuring optimal space utilization on smaller screens.
- Add to Calendar RSVP Responses — We've resolved an issue where the RSVP "Add to Calendar" feature was inadvertently triggering auto-accept email notifications to default organizer inboxes, causing an overwhelming flood of emails. The auto-response has now been suppressed to ensure a smoother experience.
- Event Duplication Issue — Previously, duplicating an event with local sponsor/partners listed from chapter-defined ones resulted in a silent failure, leaving users unaware of the issue. This has now been resolved, ensuring successful event duplications moving forward.
Community Professional News and Resources
CMX Community Industry Awards
It’s that time of year—the 2024 CMX Community Industry Awards are here! This is the fifth (!!!) annual season of these awards, and we’re so excited to host the biggest and best season yet! This is an opportunity to recognize the wonderful communities in our industry, and the incredible professionals who put their heart and soul into making communities vibrant and supportive!
Nominations are officially open — submit yours today!
Remember, you can nominate any outstanding professional or community across the industry. But don't stop at just one. Go ahead, and nominate more than one person or community; there's no limit to your love! And the best part? You can even nominate yourself. Toot your horn because you deserve it!
Get ready to share the love and let’s make this year’s awards the best one yet. Heroes come in all forms, and it’s time to celebrate them all.
Updated and Recently Published Help Articles
- The list of reports in the Report Center has been updated to reflect the changes on the Events attendees and Current Chapter Members reports
- The documentation for Automated Emails has been updated to add more details on the possible audiences
- Our Help Center documentation has been updated with the new options to reach out to us
- We updated our Chapter Page Builder documentation with details on how changes are applied on global and single chapter pages
- Our documentation for Configure event tags now contains more details on how to modify and delete event tags
- Some moderation tools could also apply to hosts, this is now described on the Moderation Tools documentation page
- The Process refund documentation page was updated with more descriptive information on to manage these refunds
- The Add home page sliders and marketing promos page was updated with more details on the different values for the Location field
- Our documentation to Configure a booth was updated with more details on how to manage the video contents
- You can find updated information about the Cookie Management on the Privacy Settings documentation page
- On the new Bevy Virtual Meetup, the event setting Many-to-Many is now known as Interactive. This has been updated across all of our documentation pages, and the difference between the modes is explained on the page Create a Bevy Virtual Meetup event.
- A clarification was added on the page How to use the Reports tab, to point that scheduled reports will return up to 500 records.