This article explains how to configure, edit, and add dynamic content to automated emails.
About automated emails
- Automated emails are marketing emails and are only sent to members who are subscribed to a chapter. Anyone can unsubscribe from automated emails at any time.
- As an administrator, you can manage and create automated emails. In your admin dashboard you can configure the email details, content, and customize the trigger for emails to be sent.
- Only the automated emails that are enabled will apply to all chapter-level events. Chapters cannot edit or create automated emails, but they can cancel or reschedule them.
Edit automated emails
By default, there are different automated emails available within your instance. You can enable or disable them as needed. When you enable an automated email, it applies to all events* for all chapters.
- 48-hour Reminder to Attendees
- 72-hour Reminder to People Without RSVP
- Welcome to Chapter
- 2 Week Event Reminder to Chapter Team
- New Event Published for Chapter Members
- Post-Event Survey
- Canceled Event
- Rescheduled Event
To edit an automated email:
- In the Admin dashboard, click Emails in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- On the Automated Emails tab select the automated email to edit.
- Make changes to the email, such as the title, audience, subject, content, trigger, or enabled status.
- Click Save.
*If you edit or enable an automated email after one or more events have already been published, the event owner(s) must re-publish the event in order for the changes to apply.
Create a new automated email
In addition to the default emails available in your instance, you can create custom automated emails from scratch.
To create a new automated email:
- In the Admin dashboard, select Emails in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- On the Automated Emails tab, click New Email.
- Give the automated email a title.
- Set the audience:
- Chapter team
- Chapter Members
- People with event ticket
- Chapter members without event ticket
- Attendees who checked in
- Attendees who did not check in
- Chapter member
- Sponsor Invoice Billing Email
- HQ Audience
- Users on event waitlist
- Chapter Team Member
- Post event survey non-responders
- Enter a subject for the email.
- Create the email content:
Click and drag the rich text box where it says drop a component here.
Highlight a piece of text to apply formatting, such as bold, italics, font size, links, buttons, text alignment, headings). Click the small plus (+) icon to choose from additional editing options, such as images, videos, lists, quotes, and horizontal rule.
The option to add a button appears after you apply a link to the text.
You can also use dynamic tags to include content in the subject and body of your emails that generates automatically for the corresponding event. Dynamic tags appear after you selected a specific trigger for the email.
View a list of dynamic tags by typing an asterisk, and then start typing the name of a tag.
The different dynamic tags include:
- Site Title
- First Name
- Full Name
- Last Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Chapter City
- Chapter Country Name
- Chapter Title
- Chapter URL
- Chapter Member First Name
- Chapter Member Full Name
- Chapter Member Last Name
- Custom Post Event Survey URL
- Event Description
- Event Address
- Event Google Maps Link
- Post Event Survey URL
- Event Team URL
- Event Title
- Event URL
- Event Venue Address
- Event Venue City
- Event Venue Name
- Event Venue Zip Code
- Sponsor Invoice Paid Date
- Sponsor Invoice Identifier
- Sponsor Invoice Status
- Set the email trigger.
Every automated email sends based on a trigger that is paired with time parameters. For example, if you wanted to send an email reminder about an event, you can set a trigger of Event Start with parameters of 2 hours and before.
- Event Start
- Event End
- Event Publish Date
- Chapter Member Join Date
- Recurring Event Publish Date
- Event Canceled
- Sponsor Invoice Paid
- Event Updated*
- Chapter Team Member Join Date
- Chapter Activity Date
*When the Event Updated trigger is selected, automated emails are only sent to your selected audience if one or more of these event details are changed: Start Date, End Date, Venue Name, Address, City, Zip Code
- Select the Automated Email Enabled check box to enable this email for all published events going forward.
If you edit or enable an automated email after one or more events have already been published, the event owner(s) must re-publish the event in order for the changes to apply.
- Click Save.