This article outlines the steps to create a new event.
- Within the Chapter Dashboard, click Events from the left sidebar.
- Click New Event and choose the event type.
- Fill out the General Information tab, which varies by event type:
Title and Description
- You can drag and drop photos to the event description
- Description text can be styled (bold, italic, etc.) by selecting a given word or text. Styling options will appear once a selection is made.
- Optionally apply tags for analytics purposes. (Tags must be enabled by your administrator.)
- Optionally hide the event to prevent it from appearing on the Chapter page and avoid sending emails to members.
Schedule and Agenda
- Enter the start and end date. By default the event timezone will reflect the chapter's timezone. You can adjust that to make the event happen in a timezone that is different from the chapter's timezone.
- Add multiple items to the agenda with different times.
Use the magic wand to automatically populate agenda, location, and ticket type data from the previous event.
This section only applies to in-person events.
- Enter the location details for the event.
- Optionally include a map of the location on the event page.
Virtual Event Platform
This section only applies to virtual events.Choose the virtual platform (external URL) or Bevy Virtual.
- If using an External URL, see this article.
- If using Bevy Virtual, optionally choose to enable "many-to-many," enable private Q&A, or disable chat.
- Enter the Facebook Pixel ID (if applicable).
- Add People.
Learn more about speaker profiles.
- Add Sponsors & Partners.
Learn more about sponsors and partners.
- Add Tickets/RSVPs.
Learn more about tickets.
- Click Save Draft and Preview before publishing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What characters are not allowed in the event body?
The event editor body does not support the use of emoji characters.
Why is my event not showing up on the upcoming events page?
Check your chapter’s general settings to ensure the latitude and longitude fields are filled in correctly.