Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Field level help
You might have noticed some new question marks (or maybe not, we tried to be subtle) next to some fields in the chapter and admin dashboards. This is part of our ongoing work to make sure that you can get the right information at the right time. This in-app field-level help provides information about specific fields so people spend less time looking for answers and more time making their communities thrive.
Beta analytics enhancements
In the Admin analytics, you can easily view new types of data.
In the Virtual dashboard, we added:
- Events by event venue
- Registration and attendance rates
- Virtual conference engagement overview
Learn more about the Virtual analytics dashboard - Beta.
In the Events dashboard, we added:
- Events by city view
Attendee list performance enhancements
When you open the attendee list for an event it loads faster, responds better, and uses less bandwidth. We're pretty excited about the time people can save. Authorized users can use the new API endpoint directly. Learn more in our technical documentation.
Mobile app updates
In addition to being a seamless experience between desktop and mobile, we keep adding features to our app. Some highlights this month include:
- Member experience
- Add event to calendar
- Register for events in the app
- Display hidden events in My Events list
- My chapters list (includes hidden chapters)
- Continue messaging people after an event ends
- Community experience
- Filter events by type
- Show chapter name on event page
- Show featured events on chapter pages
- Enhancement: Link color in chat on dark backgrounds
More event details in link previews
We love when people share events! Now, when you paste a link somewhere like Slack or LinkedIn more event information displays. For example on Slack, the link preview displays things like:
- Event name
- Event location
- Event thumbnail
- Event date and time
Previously, not everything would show, and so people had to click on links to learn more. Now they can quickly see the information, and click the link to register for an event.
This work doesn't change how event social share text works. When someone clicks the button on the event page to share an event on social media, the text you configure in the dashboard is used.
- Update user
- Cohosted events
- Configure event tags
- Configure event types
- Choose languages in Bevy
- Bevy single sign-on (SSO) options
- As we add features to the app experience, we're also making fixes. This month we did work to make sure that when you cancel or close things, the right screen displays.
- Previously, the image you added as an event banner in Bevy wouldn't sync to Meetup events. Now the image, along with all the other information, syncs.