About single sign-on (SSO)
Bevy supports integration of SSO for our customers. This means that your users can log in to your Bevy community using the same protocol they use to sign into their other accounts. They can use that same protocol instead of registering a new account with Bevy.
Using SSO changes the management of account creation and registration, but not what users do in their account. For example, if a user signs in using SSO, they still need to RSVP for individual events.
The SSO button on your login page, like other buttons in your instance, match your styling.
SSO uses identify providers (IdP) to store and verify user identity. Bevy supports one IdP for each SSO instance, and one SSO instance for each customer. However, Bevy also supports a social sign on option, in addition to the single sign on option. Sometimes there can be a combination of social sign on and single sign on configurations.
SSO only impacts how users can log in to Bevy. It doesn't change how they manage or use their account.
Bevy supports several SSO providers, each with specific configuration requirements. These providers include:
- To start the SSO set up process with Bevy, we need to know which SSO provider you use.
- When we know that, we provide you with the Bevy callback URL (also known as the redirect URL).
- Use that URL to configure your SSO, and then send us your secret and client ID. Depending on the provider you use, you might provide us with an XML file or a package of files.
- We share all secrets, client IDs, and XML files using Keybase. Ask your implementation manager for their information.
- After we have your secret and client ID, we take about two weeks to get everything implemented and tested.
It's possible to change your SSO protocols after they are set up. Contact your Customer Success Manager with questions about this process.
To configure this provider for service provider-initiated single sign-on, use the relevant URL:
OpenID Connect: https://<your-domain>/accounts/oidc/login/
- SAML: https://<your-domain>/accounts/saml/login/
Please sign in to leave a comment.