Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Introducing "Embed It"
We are pleased to roll out "Embed It", a new feature to connect any website and community platform into your Bevy chapter pages. This feature will include out of the box widgets with your Bevy subscription, such as Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, along with an option to upgrade for $5,000 annually. You will be able to build any custom widget for your specific community tools such as Khoros, Insided, Airtable, etc. Please visit the Embed It documentation for more details.
Bevy Virtual Meetup — Request to Present
We're excited to announce a further improvement to our popular “Raise Hand” feature in the Bevy virtual meetup platform. Last month all presenters on stage could raise their hand, this month we’ve extended this to attendees to seamlessly request speaking opportunities during meetings. Once an attendee clicks the raise hand button, moderators & hosts will receive a "Request Presenter Mode" notification, complete with an "Approve" button for swift action. This new feature is designed to streamline communication and enhance engagement in your virtual meetings.
Automated and System Email Table Enhancements
We’ve refreshed the automated and system email tables in the admin dashboard. New information, such as audience, status, and translations (if localization is enabled), has been added to the tables, making your email management more efficient.
Have You Discovered Data Labs?
Data Labs is where we share new and experimental data products for you. To access data labs, navigate to the admin dashboard, select analytics in the left navigation and select the reports tab. "Data labs" section is directly beneath the marketing reports section.
Here are three reports to explore:
- Activity by company: You can use the filters to search for activity from certain companies (email domains) relevant to your sales & marketing efforts.
- Event scheduling insights: Shows which days of the week for hosting an event in your community
- New companies: Shows domains that appear for the first time in the selected date range.
Admin Report Download Center Updates
- A new column was added to the event list report called count of waitlist entries. With the addition of this data, HQ admins can quickly see which community events require their attention.
- Two new columns were added to the event speakers report called “event publish status” and “speaker ID”
Here are highlights of issues resolved
- When an event is set to hidden, the hidden event banner covers the ticket order button on mobile devices. The hidden event banner was repositioned to the top of the event page.
- The event speaker images were not properly aligned on the event pages. Now, all speaker images render center aligned.
- When a change was made to an event sponsor, the corresponding Page Builder event page did not update with the new information in real-time. We improved the page caching so sponsor information on the event page updates more quickly.
- In the ticket confirmation email, only the agenda heading is rendered in the email content, if only a portion of the event agenda was populated. Now, the ticket confirmation email includes all the agenda information.
- If a user searched for events on the upcoming events page with the region search functionality, the forthcoming events list didn’t return search results. Now, users can search for events using any location parameter.
- On event pages; speaker, and company names were automatically capitalized. Proper nouns are no longer automatically capitalized and rendered on the event page exactly as the event organizer enters them.
Community Professional News and Resources
2024 CMX Community Industry Awards voting
The celebration continues and the voting stage is OPEN for the 2024 CMX Community Industry Awards. Check out all our fantastic nominees and cast your vote for each category. You can vote once per category, and voting closes on December 31, 2023!
2024 Community Managers Celebration
It's time to spotlight the power of community! CMX warmly invites you to join our event, the 2024 Community Managers Celebration: "One Year, Many Communities". Join us as we gather on Community Manager Appreciation Day to honor, appreciate and embrace the vibrant chorus of voices that build, support, and unite our industry's many communities.
Updated and Recently Published Help Articles
- We updated the documentation to reflect the maximum time for Breakout rooms
- The documentation page for Bevy Virtual Meetup recordings was updated with details on the limits and layouts for the recordings
- We updated the documentation of Bevy Virtual Conference with additional information regarding the recording layout
- In case you need to use Closed Captions in Bevy Virtual Meetup, you can use this documentation page for instructions on how to do so
- We updated our documentation for Chapter Page display rules
- We updated the Report Center documentation to reflect the additional information on the Event speakers report
- We updated the Chapter, Event, and Admin Analytics documentation pages with additional details on the data refresh frequency
- The System Email documentation page was updated with information on how to include the QR code in the ticket confirmation emails