Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Improved Analytics User Experience
We've expanded the viewport settings on the admin and chapter dashboards so that when viewing either a dashboard or a download center report, the content expands horizontally to fill the space.
Chapter Event Activity Report Update
Two new columns, days since the most recent event and days to the next event, were added to the chapter event activity report in the report download center. With this new information, HQ admins have greater visibility into the event cadence within their community.
Customizable Page Builder Buttons
The chapter and event page builder buttons received more customization functionality. The new page builder buttons support images and have consistent hover state styling.
Upcoming Changes to the Admin Dashboard
We’re excited to announce that we’re promoting the analytics beta tab on the admin dashboard to general release. Later this summer, the legacy analytics will be removed from the admin dashboard for a centralized community reporting experience.
New Virtual Platform Coming this Summer
Our new Bevy Virtual experience has successfully transitioned into Beta and garnering positive feedback from our early testers. We are looking for more customers who would like to experience a brand-new user interface, superior quality video, HD recordings and real-time notifications. Apply here.
Here are highlights of issues resolved
Event Dates on Page Builder – On the event page builder, when an event occurred over multiple days, only the first day of the event would show. The date format has been updated to the entire date range of the event shown on the event banner.
Sponsor Logo Display Order on Event Page Builder – There was an issue where the sponsor order on the event dashboard wasn’t respected on the event page builder page. Now the sponsor order reflects precisely as entered on the event dashboard.
Event Preview draft pages not displaying – An issue was resolved that prevented event organizers from viewing event pages for draft events.
Speaker Headshot Uploads – An issue was resolved that prevented an event organizer from uploading speaker headshots for an event.
Community Professional News and Resources
Phase 2 Speaker Announcement for CMX Summit 2023: Shine
We’re thrilled to build on the momentum of the first wave of speakers with this next spectacular round of community heroes. With this, many incredible speakers, you don’t want to miss CMX Summit, hurry and secure your spot now.
Join us for Another CMX Connect Game Night
CMX community member, Ankit Buddhiraju, is pumped to host another game night on Thursday, June 8th at 5pm EDT. Come play with us! RSVP here.
CMX Masterclass: Best practices from Microsoft's community-building hero Martin Tatar
Join us for a fun session to learn from a GOAT team in the community-building world, Microsoft. Martin will give you invaluable insight into how Microsoft has kept its long-running communities and community programs thriving. Register now.
Did you miss Zumba Fitness® Gina Graziani’s Masterclass on embracing conflict?
You’re in luck, we have a great recap. Learn from Gina how community conflicts are not inherently destructive; rather, they can be leveraged to create positive change. Through her insights, we discovered that conflicts need not be seen as challenges but rather as opportunities for growth and meaningful dialogue in our digital communities. Learn more here.
Updated and Recently Published Help Articles
- Local sponsor tiers and person limits for event types explained here.
- Added a warning on the irreversible nature of canceling an event, and a possible alternative approach here.
- When downloading a report from the Report Center, you’ll download 500 records by default. We added more information on how to extract all the rows from a report in the Report Center here.
- Documented the restriction of subchapters to support only one level of parent-child relationship.
- reCAPTCHA is a great tool to prevent being affected by spam, we documented the support for reCAPTCHA v2 in our form here.
- Global search is a function that allows you to search content across your site, which includes Blog Post, Chapters, Events and Members, we explain how it works here.
- Slideshare has deprecated the Wordpress shortcode sharing option, we are actively working on adjusting to this change, but meanwhile we have documented a process to allow you to share your Slideshare presentations here.