This article explains the subchapter setting within the Chapter Dashboard.
Use subchapters to organize similar chapters by location and reduce how many chapters are displayed on the community home page. This makes it easier for members to find and engage with multiple chapters in the same area or that have similar interests.
Subchapters are grouped with a parent chapter, and the subchapters display as "Subgroups" on the parent chapter homepage.
Every chapter, parent chapter or subchapter, counts towards your total chapter count. That means that the parent chapter is still billed, even if it is only a collection for the subchapters.
When the Subchapter toggle is enabled for the parent chapter, all other chapters that have selected the parent chapter automatically display as subchapters.
- Open the parent chapter in the Chapter Dashboard, and then click the Settings tab.
- Enable the Subchapter toggle located in the “Status” section, and then click Save.
- For each subchapter, take the following steps to connect them to the parent chapter to automatically display them as subchapters on the parent chapter homepage:
- Open the subchapter in the Chapter Dashboard, and then click the Settings tab.
- Turn off the Sub-chapters toggle located in the “Status” section.
- Under the “Parent chapter” dropdown located in the “Lists” section, select the parent chapter the subchapter should be linked to
The subchapter configuration feature allows users to designate chapters as subchapters of parent chapters, enabling hierarchical organization of content. However, it is important to be aware of the limitation that subchapters cannot be configured as parent chapters themselves.
Article is closed for comments.