Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Chapter analytics dashboard
The team at Bevy has been working hard to deliver this exciting update - a new collection of analytics dashboards!
Before you could get an overview of the data for a chapter. Now you can look at the detailed numbers for things like:
- Members - the people in your chapter and what they're doing
- Events - how and what events are being hosted
- Attendees - how people are engaging with chapter events
- Tickets - ticket orders and inventory for different events
- Sponsors and Partners - chapter, event, and session-level insights and lists
These dashboards help people discover and understand things like, how people members are joining or leaving, who their most engaged members are, and what events perform best. We're excited to hear what questions you're able to answer with the new data being surfaced.
Learn more about the dashboard in Chapter analytics.
Don't worry! The metrics you've been using are still available on the Overview dashboard.
Data refresh rate
Data on the Analytics - Beta dashboards in the Admin dashboard refresh every 2 hours instead of every 24 hours. Each dashboard shows the last time it was updated. Now you can learn and report on your community metrics more quickly, and implement what you learn sooner.
Cohost event data
Information, data, and visualizations are now available in event analytics in the admin dashboard. In the new Cohosted event data section, you'll see things like a list of all cohosted events and host chapters and their collaborators. This is an exciting way to see what chapters are engaging the most with one another, and an easy way to view the success of cohosted events.
We reintroduced sitemaps to your community site for public chapter and event URLs. We cache pages every 30 minutes (with future improvements likely). We also added a robots.txt file that blocks search engines from crawling utility pages like password reset views and user profiles.
Member networking and messaging
The mobile app lets people take their community with them. We put in a lot of work to enable people to build more connections with other people in their community using the app. Now people can:
- View chapters and chapter member profiles
- Send messages to other people using the app
- Choose between a public or a private profile
- Twitter SSO
- Get cohosted events
- Meetup Pro integration
- Marketo documentation
- Virtual analytics dashboard
- When an event page loaded, the banner image would sometimes resize slightly and shift page content. Now when you load event pages, things won't move around.
- We weren't always returning the correct revenue in the API for an event if someone purchased multiple tickets in a single order. Now we show the right revenue in the API and everywhere else.
- Sometimes if you tried to publish an event for an event type with the Require URL to publish event checkbox selected, we still required a URL to publish the event. Now we respect your decision and let you publish the event.
- Previously, You could get trapped in an infinite redirect loop when editing an event and changing your Bevy language using the language selector. Now you can change the language as many times as you want, and the page only reloads once.
- The Publish button displayed for canceled events, even though they couldn't be published. This was confusing, so now we don't display that button or let people edit any fields for canceled events.