This article outlines how to send emails to chapter members.
Bevy gives local organizers the ability to quickly and easily communicate with community members with newsletters. There are several use cases for newsletters, but they tend to be event marketing related or ad hoc. Some popular use cases are newly added events, sending additional information beyond the system emails, and thanking attendees post event.
Your team role determine what member permissions you have. Contact your community administrator with questions.
To send a chapter newsletter:
- From the left sidebar of the Chapter Dashboard, click Emails and then New Email.
- Select the appropriate audience and corresponding event that the audience is referring to. This event can be in the future or in the past.
- When selecting an audience (recipients) for your email, your options include:
- Chapter Members: Sends to all subscribed chapter members
- People with event ticket: Sends only to those who have registered for a ticket and are subscribed
- Chapter members without event ticket: Sends only to subscribers without a ticket
- Attendees who checked in: Sends only to subscribers who were checked in
- Attendees who did not check in: Sends only to subscribers who did not check in
Users on event waitlist: Those who are on a waitlist and not registered
- Format body text by highlighting the text. You can also drag and drop images or photos from your computer into the body. You can also link images by adding a text character before the image, linking both the text and image, and then deleting the text character.
You can use variables that will replace themselves with specific details. In the message section of the email, you can type the following commands:
a. *|first_name|* or *|FNAME|* [for first name]
b. *|full_name|* [for first_name last_name]
c. *|last_name|* or *|LNAME|* [for last name]
- Feature upcoming events in your newsletter, or click the X to remove them.
- Click Send as Test to send yourself a preview of the email to see what it looks like. To Preview the newsletter, click Save as Draft and then Preview.
- To send the email, click Schedule & Send, select whether to Send Immediately and click Send Now, or schedule for a future date and time and click Schedule.
The headquarters team for the company you organize events for might have established set automated emails. Please review your program guidelines to understand email best practices.