Community admins use the Terms and Conditions feature to send their community terms to chapter team members. Chapter team members must accept the terms and conditions to access the dashboard.
This is a beta feature. This means that it might not be available to everyone.
Understand the Terms and Conditions feature
Communities usually have terms and conditions that people need to agree to before they can participate. They can be things like a privacy agreement, a code of conduct, or more serious legal terms. To make sure that chapter team members agree to the required terms before they start accessing the dashboard, Bevy created the Terms and Conditions feature.
With this feature, admins can deliver and track agreement in Bevy for each user.
When this feature is enabled, people see a dialog box when they sign in. The dialog box is where they can open and accept terms and conditions before continuing.
During implementation, you must define:
- Grace period—How long has someone has to accept or reject the terms. Usually a grace period is 60 or 90 days. Edit this at any time in the Admin dashboard > Settings.
- Terms and conditions—What people need to agree to. After you define this, share it with the Bevy team. Contact Bevy Support to update.
- Warning email—An automated email that people receive before their acceptance expires. Edit this at any time in the Admin dashboard > Emails > Automated emails.
New team member process
When a new chapter team member signs in to the dashboard for the first time, they recieve a prompt to review and accept the terms and conditions. When they click on the prompt, they're redirected to the Terms and Conditions page where they can accept them.
Until they accept or reject the term, they are in a pending status. If someone doesn't accept or reject the terms within the grace period, they're removed from the chapter team.
After someone accepts the terms, they move to the accepted status.
People need to renew their acceptance every year or 365 days.
30 days before their status expires, the warning period starts. When the warning period starts, the chapter team member sees a prompt when they sign in, asking them to renew their acceptance. They can dismiss the prompt and access the dashboard until the end of the warning period. That way if their warning period starts the same day that they're hosting an event, they can
After the warning period ends, if they haven't accepted the terms, they move to the expired status. People are in the expired status for the duration of the grace period. If they don't accept or reject the terms within the grace period, they're removed from the chapter team.
Agreement to terms and conditions is tracked for each user, and all agreement lasts for a year. This means that if someone is a team member for multiple chapters or they're added and removed from chapter teams, they only need to accept the terms once a year.
Users move through the following statuses:
|Status||Access to the dashboard||Receive dialog window|
Users only have the temporary access status if they were already a team member when this feature is enabled. They move to pending as soon as they sign in.
Send an email based on user status
We recommend creating an automated email to users before their acceptance expires. This is helpful if they don't sign in regularly enough to see the prompt.
To create the automated email:
- In the Admin dashboard, go to Emails > Automated emails, and then click New email.
- Enter your email information like the subject and add email content.
- In the Audience field, select User with Document status.
- In the Trigger this email on field, select Document Expiration.
- Use the Delay fields to configure when to send the email in relation to the status.
For example, you could send a reminder 30, 10, or 5 days before acceptance expires.
- Save the email.
View user status
View the status of a user's acceptance either in the chapter dashboard or using the API.
To view in the chapter dashboard:
- In the chapter dashboard, go to Settings > Team.
- Search for a team member.
The status displays by the team member's name.
To use to API:
- Go to either
List Chapter Team (https://bevy.example.com/api/chapter/<chapter_id>/team) to view details about all chapter team members
List Member's Chapters (https://bevy.example.com/api/user/<user_id>/chapter_teams) to view details for a specific member
- In the response, find the information about the user acceptance. For example,
"document_id": <ID of document (internal)>,
"accepted_ts": <Date User Accepted>,
"rejected_ts": <Date User Rejected>,
"temporary_access_expiration_ts", <Timestamp temporary Access will expire>,
"expiration_date": <Date terms & conditions expires>,
"status": <One of the following options below>
"formatted_expiration_date": <Nicely formatted expiration date>