This article explains how community admins access the page builder and how to use it to manage the appearance of events.
Page Builder is in beta. Stay tuned for updates in our release notes or talk to your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Use the page builder to customize event pages. You can either make changes to either:
- The event page template—changes all event pages for all chapters in the admin dashboard.
- An event page—changes a single event page in the chapter dashboard.
When you make changes to the template, they're available any time you open the page builder for any event. When you publish an event, the latest template is applied.
By accessing the page builder while managing events in the chapter dashboard, community admins can customize the appearance of an individual event. After you customize an event, it isn't affected by any changes to the template. That is, changes to the event template don't apply to events you customize with the page builder. After you save changes in the page builder you won't see any changes from the template
Use the page builder
The page builder is a no-code editor where you can control layout, components, and appearance of community event pages. Using the page builder ensures consistency between chapters, and enables customization.
Dynamic content and widgets enable you to drop and forget - Bevy automatically populates things like event or chapter details when the page is published.
The page builder has three panels:
- Add to page—a library of what you can add to your event page. Drag and drop things from the library to the editor.
- Editor—a WYSIWG editor of your event page. Click into content to edit or click and drag to rearrange.
- Settings—specific configurations of the content in the editor. The settings available change depending on what's selected in the editor.
We automatically back up the changes you make in an editing session. However the changes aren't applied until you click the Save button.
Add to page
Click items in this panel to add them to the bottom of the editor or drag and drop them to a specific location.
You can also nest some items, such as adding an image in a layout or an element in a block.
Configure the different sections on your event page with different items, including:
- Layouts—pre-built templates. Use layouts to quickly set up content areas. Add multiple layouts to configure multiple sections of a page.
- Components—information for a Bevy event such as people or tickets. These automatically populate on your event page.
- Elements—things like videos, images, or buttons that you can customize.
- Blocks—the most basic element of the page builder. Use a container to define an area in the editor. Add content to the container, and then add elements to the content.
The editor panel shows the different areas of the event page you're editing. Some content, like components, populates when you publish the page and other content, like text, renders in the editor.
In the editor you can drag and drop content to rearrange or nest it. Click on or into an item to open the menu for that content. Use the menu to do things like copy or delete it.
Use the controls at the top of the page to preview the event page on different devices such as desktop, tablet, or mobile.
The settings that display in the content panel change depending on what you're doing in the editor panel. For example if you:
- Click in a text area to see options like background color or drop shadow. Open advanced options to control things like height, gutters, or alignment.
- Highlight text to see formatting options like color, alignment, or hyperlink options.
Add a button
Use buttons to add a call to action to your event page. You can customize the appearance of buttons as well as the function. You can add buttons to do different things including:
- Join virtual event
- Contact chapter
To add a button:
- In the page builder, expand the Blocks section in the Add to page panel.
- Drag and drop a button element into a container in the Editor panel.
- In the editor panel click the button, and then replace the default text with a button label.
- In the content panel, select a button action, select a style, and size.
Add the event agenda to the event page
Bevy provides widgets in the page builder that populate automatically when you publish the event page. These widgets display the information that you configure in the event setup such as session days and times.
Too add the agenda:
- In the page builder, expand the Components section in the Add to page panel.
- Drag and drop an Agenda component into the edit panel.
You can't make any other changes to this component, so you won't see any options in the Content panel.
Configure an event template
Community admins create a template to define the appearance of all events for an organization. When you make changes to the template, they're available any time you open the page builder for any event. When you publish an event, the latest template is applied.
To configure an event template:
- In the admin dashboard, select Templates in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the Edit default template button for the template you want to change.
By accessing the page builder while managing events in the chapter dashboard, community admins can customize the appearance of an individual event. After you customize an event, it isn't affected by any changes to the template.
Customize an event page
Community admins can access the page builder from the chapter dashboard to make changes to a specific event.
To open the page builder:
- In the chapter dashboard, select Events in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Create or edit an event.
- Select the Page Builder button.
To prevent conflicts, changes to the event template don't apply to events you customize with the page builder. After you save changes in the page builder you won't see any changes from the template.