Private Q&A allows attendees to ask questions that are only visible to the event host. This is especially important in preventing minors from sharing personal identifiable information (PII) via Q&A.
For even more security in preventing users sharing PII, turn off chat as well.
Enable Private Q&A
Private Q&A is available in Bevy Virtual and Bevy Virtual Conference. When Private Q&A is enabled:
- Hosts can see all questions; attendees only see their own.
- Hosts can answer the question live on air or reply to the question online. The question will only be visible to the host and the attendee who asked the question.
To enable Private Q&A for an event:
- Create a new virtual event.
- In the Virtual Event Platform section, select Bevy Virtual.
- Select the Private Q&A checkbox.
For hosts: use Private Q&A
To use Private Q&A as a host:
- From a Stage, Session, Booth, or Networking Table, go to the Chat tab and click Q&A. You can see all the questions hosts and attendees ask.
- Click Start Private Q&A. Attendees can now only see the questions they ask.
- For each question, you can select Delete, Answer Live, or Reply:
- Delete—removes the question from the Questions tab. Deleted questions can’t be viewed, and are completely removed from Q&A and any event reports.
- Answer Live—moves the question to the Answered tab. Use this when a question is answered verbally, and not in the chat.
- Reply—moves the question to the Answered tab. Use this when the question is answered in the chat, and not live. When the attendee or host clicks the question on the Answered tab, the answer displays as a chat response below it.
For attendees: use Private Q&A
To use Private Q&A as an attendee:
- From a Stage, Session, Booth, or Networking Table, go to the Chat tab and click Q&A. You can submit and view your questions here.
- Enter your questions.
Q&A is stage and session-specific. This means that when you view a stage, you only see Q&A for this stage. If you view a different stage, you can only see that Q&A.