This article explains different sections and fields on the General tab of admin dashboard settings including content, default settings, social links, and map coordinates.
Access these areas in the admin dashboard > Settings > General
Customize content settings.
- Homepage Video ID—Add a Vimeo or YouTube link to display a video on the home page.
- Platform short description—Description that displays in the footer of your home page.
- Custom Post Event Survey Mention URL—Select custom attributes, such as Chapter City and Event ID, and pass through that data using a third-party survey URL.
Customize default settings including:
- Group page featured video—The default YouTube video for all chapter pages.
- Location widget default latitude and longitude—The default location for the home page upcoming events search.
Edit settings that apply globally across your website including:
- Site title—Enter a name for your site here. This displays in the browser tab.
- Site tagline—Enter a tagline for your site here. This displays in the browser tab.
- Branding link in header—Enter a URL in this field. When users click the logo in the header, they're directed to this URL. The default setting on your instance is that your logo redirects users to the community hub so that users can quickly get back to the home page from any other page on the site. You can change this to link out to any other website; for example, you may want to link to your core website.
- Branding link in footer—Enter a URL in this field. When users click the logo in the footer, they're directed to this URL.
- Redirect homepage to—Requests to the Bevy homepage go to this URL. The default is the homepage.
- Event page browser tab text—Select dynamic content, text that displays in the browser tab on event pages.
- Show total members on group pages—Select this check box to display total members of a specific group on that group’s page.
- Show total attendees on event pages—Select this check box to display display total attendees of a specific event on that event’s page.
- Restrict search results to one country—Select this check box to display restrict chapter search results to only one country.
- Group / HQ Invoice Split—This defines the pay split between a payment lead and the HQ set bank account. An 80 here would be an 80/20 split between group and HQ. A value of 0 disables this setting. This is only relevant if you use event payouts in Bevy.
- Enable mailing list banner—Select this check box to display enable the mailing list banner on both the home page and on the group page, as shown below.
- Group application URL—Enter the last half of the URL you want to use for members to access your group application form. Example: for this URL, https://www.bevy.com/start/, you’d enter “/start/”
- Internal help desk URL—Enter a URL here, to include a link in the menu to your internal help desk platform.
Group map coordinates
Control the placement of the map and how your chapters display on the map on your home page and group pages.
These settings include:
- Center latitude—Centers the map based on the latitude you enter.
- Center longitude—Centers the map based on the longitude you enter.
- Google map zoom level—The numerical value of the zoom on the map.
This section includes fields for you to enter social links for your chapter. Social options include:
When you add a link for a social media site, add either your username or the entire link depending on the site. For example:
|Site||Link or username||Example|