The following article includes frequently asked questions about forms in Bevy.
Are fields set as required by default?
What types of fields are available to use?
- Short answer: This field type is best for one word/one line responses.
For example, What is your favorite color?
- Paragraph: This field type is best for longer answers.
For example, What would you change about the event check-in process?
- Email: For email addresses.
- Number: For numeric answer types.
For example, How many events have you attended this month?
- URL: For validating a website link.
For example, What is your company website?
- Checkbox: For opting in/checking an option. Example: “Check here if this was your first event.”
- Radio: Best for scale questions, yes/no questions, and so on.
For example, How satisfied were you with the food/beverages at this event?
- Multiple checkboxes: This is best for selecting multiple options in a multiple choice format.
For example, What kinds of emails do you subscribe to?
- Dropdown: Best for choosing one option from a list of options.
For example, How did you hear about us? Referral, Google search, Know someone at the company, Marketing
- Multiple choice: This is best suited for selecting various options in line.
- Text Snippet: Add text anywhere between your form fields. Additional formatting options are available for this field type. You do things like:
- Add formatting
- As code—Highlight text, and then CTRL/CMND + `
- Italicize—Highlight text, and then CTRL/CMND + I
- Strikethrough—Highlight text, and then CTRL/CMND + ~
- Underline—Highlight text, and then CTRL/CMND + U
- Bold—Highlight text, and then CTRL/CMND + B
- Add a link—Copy the link you want to add, highlight the text to add the link to, and then CTRL/CMND + V
- Add formatting
What are the character limits on the Short Answer or Paragraph options?
All labels have a limit of 255 characters.
What are the specific functions of the URL and Email answer types (and how do they differ from Short Answer)?
URL and Email fields check that the value matches. URL values have to be valid URLs. Email values have to be valid emails.
Are custom form fields transferred over to new events?
Article is closed for comments.