You can set up Bevy to generate event-specific Marketo event programs. When a Bevy event is published, a Marketo's side event program is generated. As users register for or check in at events, their Marketo program status is automatically set as Registered and Attended, respectively.
Setup in Marketo
Ensure your Marketo instance has event programs enabled. You can only use this Bevy feature if event program functionality is enabled on your Marketo instance.
You must create the Bevy folder in Marketo before syncing the event. That is, the parent Bevy folder needs to exist before you sync an event.
Setup in Bevy
Perform the following steps to enable this feature in the Bevy dashboard.
- Log in to your Bevy Admin dashboard.
- Navigate to the General Settings at:
- Scroll to the Marketo section and enter the following:
- Marketo client ID
- Marketo client secret
- Marketo Munchkin account ID as:
- Marketo event program channel (this must exist in your Marketo instance)
- Marketo event programs folder (this must exist in your Marketo instance)
- Marketo event program name prefix
- Marketo event program template ID for program cloning (optional)
- Make sure this is an integer value. e.g., if the ID is
1234in the field.
- Select "Use event-specific Marketo programs"
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Use an event program as a template
When you enter a “Clone event program ID” setting, Bevy-generated event programs can be cloned from pre-existing programs, maintaining all assets and settings where possible.