You can integrate Bevy with your Marketo instance in these ways:
- Membership tracking
- Event-specific Marketo event programs
The following sections describe these integration options and explain how to set them up. If these options do not meet your requirements, please submit a request at help.bevy.com and share your Marketo integration needs.
For a successful integration, Bevy requires that you have Marketo read/write permissions. In addition, you should enable social features.
Important: To connect to Bevy, you'll need your Marketo authentication credentials. Follow the instructions in this Marketo Quick Start Guide, in the section "How to Generate an Authentication Token."
How the Marketo integration works in Bevy?
In the Marketo integration:
- When an event is created in Bevy, we generate an event program on Marketo.
You can create an event program as a new event program or by using an existing event program as a template (using Marketo’s clone feature).
- A new user who signs up on Bevy will create a lead in Marketo, or it will update an existing lead that has the same email address. Note: When we find multiple contacts/leads with the same email address, we ignore the duplication and do not sync the records, rather than make assumptions about the records.
- When a user registers for an event in Bevy, and the Marketo lead is created, the lead is then associated with the generated Marketo event program with the status "Registered."
- When a user is marked as "checked in" on Bevy, the system updates the lead record status to "Attended."
- When users change their profiles on Bevy, we update these leads in Marketo. Note that SSO clients do not typically have Bevy profiles.