This article offers step-by-step instructions for chapter organizers on setting up Embed It widgets through the Page Widgets Tab in Chapter Settings.
This guide assists organizers in configuring Embed It widgets within the Page Widgets Tab of Chapter Settings. Embed It widgets are designed to integrate external content seamlessly, enhancing the experience on your chapter pages. This guide empowers organizers to customize widget content to meet your chapter's specific needs.
What are Embed It Widgets and How Do They Work?
Embed It for Chapter Pages is a powerful widget tool that lets you, as an Admin, embed interactive content like social media posts, videos, and discussion threads into Bevy chapter pages. This enriches the user experience for members and guests. The tool also offers customizable options for each chapter, accessible through a user-friendly interface in the Chapter Settings.
How do Embed It Widgets Get Created and Added to Chapter Pages?
Admins have permissions to create custom Embed It widgets. Bevy also provides prebuilt widgets that currently include X (Twitter) timeline, Instagram profile, YouTube playlists, Facebook page plugin and Spotify playlists.
Admins have the ability to add, disable, or delete Embed It widgets on chapter pages using the chapter page builder tool.
If a widget is disabled or deleted, it will no longer appear on the canvas or the user-facing chapter page.
Getting Started - Accessing and Viewing Embed It Widgets in Chapter Settings
To start using Embed It widgets:
- Navigate to the Chapter Dashboard and select the Chapter settings tab in the left navigation.
- Select the Page widgets tab
Viewing Widget Information
In the left column, you can effortlessly access information about the widgets. This includes recognizing them by their icons, names, and noting the timestamp of the most recent edit or update.
The center column shows the “variables” that you can customize for your chapter's specific needs.
- For example, the variable for the X (Twitter) widget is an “X handle”. An admin has the ability to set the default variable/”X handle” to be a specific account. Organizers can change the “X handle” to another account that is more relevant to their chapter’s members.
Configuring Widget Variables
- Click Edit for a Widget:
- Locate the widget you want to configure and click Edit.
- Enter the Custom Variable
- In the top field, enter the custom variable you wish to configure.
Variable names may vary depending on the source platform. Refer to the name and description for clarity on acceptable variables.
- Auto Preview Content or Setting:
- As you enter a valid variable, the widget preview will update in real-time.
- This feature provides real-time feedback to organizers during the configuration process.
- Click Save
- Verify Changes on the Chapter Page:
- Navigate to the chapter page associated with the widget.
- Verify that the changes made are correctly reflected and displayed.