This article covers the alternatives for Bevy Virtual Meetup close captions
Bevy Virtual Meetup is a product that allows you to host and join online events with your community. However, unlike Bevy Conference, Bevy Virtual Meetup does not support the same closed caption solution that automatically transcribes and displays the speech of the participants. This can be a problem for deaf people, hard of hearing, or have difficulty understanding the language or accent of the speakers.
Fortunately, there is a workaround that you can use to enable closed captions in Bevy Virtual Meetup. You can use Google Chrome native Live Caption feature that works with any audio source on your browser. Here are the steps:
Using Google Chrome native Live Caption
Live Caption feature is a built-in feature of the Google Chrome browser that automatically generates captions for any audio or video source on your browser. This feature works offline and supports multiple languages.
To use Google Chrome native Live Caption with Bevy Virtual Meetup, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your computer. Make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed.
- At the top right, click ‘More’ and then ‘Settings’.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click ‘Advanced’.
- Under “Accessibility,” turn on Live Caption.
- Join the Bevy Virtual Meetup event using the link provided by the host. Make sure that you have the audio output of the event set to the same device that you are using to run Google Chrome.
- Once you are at the event, you will see the live captions of the audio on the bottom of your browser window. You can adjust the size, position, and language of the captions by clicking on the caption box and selecting the options you want.
- Enjoy the Bevy Virtual Meetup event with closed captions!