Welcome to Bevy release notes! Every month we share product updates, fixes, and general improvements.
Introducing Bevy Virtual Meetup
We're thrilled to unveil Bevy Virtual Meetup, our revamped and enhanced virtual event solution. Formerly Bevy Virtual, this transformation comes with a host of new benefits designed to deliver exceptional experiences for hosts and attendees alike.
What Makes Bevy Virtual Meetup Stand Out?
- Seamless Setup: Hosts and attendees can effortlessly configure their cameras and audio settings before joining the event, ensuring a smooth start without any glitches.
- Smooth Connectivity: Network monitoring capabilities help identify and address potential concerns to avoid connectivity issues and ensure a seamless experience.
- Streamlined Interaction: Stay in the loop with instant notifications for chats, DMs and unread message counts, including a quoting option for referring to previous chat messages. No important conversation goes unnoticed, ensuring seamless communication throughout the event.
- High-Quality HD Recordings: With Bevy Virtual Meetup’s upgraded system, enjoy Full-HD recordings at 1080p, offering much sharper images and clearer videos for post-event viewing. Never miss a moment and relive the experience as if you were there!
- … And much more! Experience Bevy Virtual Meetup for Yourself. Learn more here.
Other Product and Engineering Highlights
Chapter and Event Page Builder Updates
- Anchors can now be added to all containers. This allows you to assign an anchor to a button, enabling users to scroll to the position of the container on the page.
- We have created a display rule for empty blocks. This rule allows you to show a block based on whether another block is empty. For example, you can choose to display a message like "No upcoming events" if there are no events in the upcoming events list.
- We have added a confirmation modal when exiting the Page Builder canvas. This warning will remind you to save your changes before leaving or navigating away from the canvas page.
Automated Email – Event Updated Improvements
- Event name change trigger – we have added event name changes as a trigger for the Event Updated automated email. This means that if an organizer modifies the name of an event, attendees will receive a notification about the change.
- ‘Event add to calendar’ updated with event changes – the ‘event add to calendar integration’ is now a part of the Event Updated automated email. This means attendees will receive updated information on their calendar when an event is updated.
New Report: Cohosted Event Participation
- A new report was added to the Event section of the admin report download center called Cohosted event participation. HQ admins can use this report to discover cohosted events for all chapters, their collaborating chapters, and counts of registrations and check-ins.
Community Professional News and Resources
The CMX Summit 2023: Shine
CMX Summit 2023: Shine is right around the corner, and there are only a few tickets left! Join us at the iconic Fox Theatre on October 4 & 5 in Redwood City, CA.
CMX Summit is the world's largest annual conference for community professionals. Since 2014, it has brought together thousands of attendees worldwide, offering them a platform to find answers, connect with fellow community professionals, learn from thought leaders, and explore innovative insights that can be applied back to your communities.
As a Bevy customer, you’re entitled to TWO FREE tickets, and 25% off additional tickets for your team. Talk to your CSM for more information.
In other news…
We’re thrilled to welcome Beth McIntyre back from her parental leave! She’s already hit the ground running, and we’re so excited to see what she has in store for the CMX Community. Make sure to send her a DM in the CMX Slack Community, she’s excited to reconnect with all of you!
New Bevy Status Page
Bevy has launched a new Status Page, aiming to enhance transparency and reliability for community managers, community members, event organizers, and attendees. This tool offers real-time updates on the status of their event management services, comprehensive incident reports, scheduled maintenance notices, and the ability to customize notifications. The Bevy Status Page empowers users to stay informed, plan events efficiently, and access historical data, ultimately ensuring a seamless community and event experience while fostering trust and efficient communication between Bevy and its users. Learn more here.