What are webhooks?
Webhooks are a way for Bevy to send close to real-time data to another application or service (on the customer side) when a specific event or trigger occurs. They are a form of communication between different software systems over the internet. Webhooks are commonly used to enable integrations and automate processes between various web services, applications, and platforms.
They are different from APIs. Learn more about this difference in this article.
What actions trigger User / Event / Chapter, etc. webhook payload?
- First, you need the corresponding trigger setup in the Webhook settings of the Admin Dashboard. Refer to https://docs.bevy.com/technical-documentation/webhooks/getting-started to learn more.
- Any creation or save to the object (i.e.: event, user, etc.) will trigger an update sending to the webhook URL. There's one exception, when the last_login field in the User object is updated, the webhook payload is not sent.
Will the User Webhook activate if there are updates to a user's chapter memberships?
- No, to receive updates about chapter membership, you require the trigger "Send chapter member updates" enabled in the Webhook settings.
How do you know whether my webhook setup is using bulk mode or not?
- The default value is false for this option.
- Unfortunately, this is not currently available in the UI. You can infer this behavior is you receive more than one element on each POST request to the webhook URL, or you can reach out to our support team.