This article outlines how to record an event as well as view and/or delete the recording afterwards in Bevy Virtual Meetup. To learn more about the list of new features, please see here
Record an event
Only hosts and moderators can record an event.
- Join an event as a host, or be promoted to a moderator after joining.
- Click the Record button at the bottom of the screen and confirm the popup.
- All attendees see an indicator light in the top-left corner of the screen along with “Recording”, indicating that the session is actively being recorded.
When finished recording the session, click Stop Recording.
You can record multiple clips in the same session. Each time you click Stop Recording, a clip is completed. Click Record to start a new recording.
Please note: There is an 8-second delay between hitting record and the recording actually starting.
Please ensure to wait until you see the "recording" icon before you start to speak to ensure it's part of the recording.
Layout used for recorded meetings
The recording layout displays the active speaker in a large pane on the left, with additional video thumbnails on the right. This layout is designed to provide a clear view of the speaker and their facial expressions, while also allowing viewers to see other participants in the meeting. The active speaker is displayed in a larger pane to ensure that they are easily visible, while the additional video thumbnails on the right provide a quick overview of other participants.
View a recording
Access event recordings using the Wrap Up tab in your chapter dashboard.
- From the Chapter Dashboard, click Events from the left sidebar.
- Go to the completed event.
- Select the Wrap Up tab.
- Select the Download icon next to the recording to download.
Recordings are MP4 files in 1080p resolution and are limited to 4-hour segments. That means if your event is longer than four hours, there will be multiple segments.
There is no limit to how long a recording can be kept.