This article outlines the tools and experience available to attendees of a new Bevy Virtual event.
Grant camera and microphone permission
To fully engage and participate in virtual events that require camera and microphone usage, it's important to ensure that your browser has the necessary permissions granted. Follow these simple steps to enable camera and microphone access in popular web browsers:
- Open Google Chrome on your device
- Navigate to the website and join the event.
- In the address bar, you'll usually see a small camera icon. Click on it.
- A pop-up will appear asking for permission to access your camera and microphone. Click "Allow" to grant the necessary permissions.
- Refresh the page if required, and you should now have camera and microphone access for the event.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox on your computer.
- Go to the event's webpage and join the event.
- Look for the camera icon in the address bar and click on it.
- A permission prompt will appear. Select "Allow" to grant access to your camera and microphone.
- If the event page doesn't load correctly, you might need to refresh it to activate the camera and microphone settings.
- Open Microsoft Edge on your system.
- Visit the website or platform where the event is taking place.
- Locate the camera icon in the address bar and click it.
- A permission dialogue box will emerge. Click "Allow" to provide the necessary camera and microphone permissions.
- Refresh the event page if needed, and you should be all set to use your camera and microphone.
- Launch Apple Safari on your device.
- Navigate to the event's website and hit the Join button.
- Look for the camera icon located in the address bar and click on it.
- A permission prompt will show up. Select "Allow" to grant access for your camera and microphone usage.
- If the event page doesn't respond as expected, consider refreshing the page to activate the camera and microphone settings.
Remember that granting camera and microphone permissions is essential for a seamless and interactive presenter experience. Additionally, ensure that your device's camera and microphone are functioning correctly to avoid technical glitches during the event.
You can join without giving permission. You will get an error message, but you can safely ignore the error message. However, you won’t be able to be a presenter during the event.
Setup you call devices and name
Set your name. This is the name you'll have in the Participant tab and in the chat.
Select your microphone, speaker, and camera device to use.
- Test your connection (check Help menu section below)
- You can choose to start with your microphone or camera enabled. Don't worry, after you click join and if the event is configured that way, you'll be asked to allow presenter mode or not.
- Select the Effects (virtual background) to use at start. You can then change this inside the virtual event.
Select “Join event”
Help menu and troubleshooting options
There is a help menu that serves as an invaluable resource for participants. This document outlines the step-by-step procedure to effectively leverage the Help option during the event's hair check:
Utilize this feature to assess the quality of your internet connection, an essential factor for optimal event participation.
- To run this diagnostic test, go to the Help menu and select the Test Network option.
- The platform will swiftly evaluate various aspects of your connection, such as speed, latency, and reliability.
Taking this test prior to the event helps you preemptively tackle any connectivity issues, setting the stage for a seamless experience. This function highlights our commitment to offering participants an ideal environment to enjoy all event activities, including the hair check process.
Access Troubleshooting Guides
In the event of technical difficulties or unexpected challenges during the hair check, the Help option might include troubleshooting guides. These guides offer step-by-step solutions for common problems, helping you overcome any hurdles seamlessly.
Copy Support ID
Should you encounter a situation not covered by the troubleshooting guides, the Help menu offers the option to copy a support ID that will let the Bevy support team troubleshot the issue with you. Share the Support ID and a description of the issue when you Contact Bevy Support.