This article outlines how to share audio from your device with your audience, without the need of playing it through your speakers.
As attendees join your event, you might want to play some music to set the tone! Or, you may want to show a video during your presentation. For best results, we recommend that you open your music player or video in a web application rather than through a desktop app (e.g., Spotify, QuickTime Player).
To share audio:
- Open your media player in a Chrome tab.
- Within Bevy Virtual, select the Share Screen button.
- Select the Chrome Tab option.
- Select the tab that has the content you wish to share (Youtube, or Slides, or Spotify on the Web etc - or anything that's open in a Chrome Tab).
- Ensure to select the Share audio option.
- Click Share.
- Within Bevy Virtual, mute yourself -OR- ensure that you have speakers set to play through earphones. Otherwise, attendees can hear the music through your speakers and the browser, which causes echo.
- Click play to play the content.
- Unmute yourself again when the video or music is done playing.
Learn more about screen sharing.