This article explains best practices for screen sharing in Bevy and how to get the most out of your screen share experience. This content applies to Bevy Virtual and Bevy Virtual Conferences.
To share your screen:
- Click the Share screen button in the bottom menu bar.
Don't see this option? You may not have Presenter Mode enabled.
- Make sure to allow your browser to access your microphone and camera.
- In the modal that appears on Google Chrome, choose which parts of your screen you would like to share:
- Entire Screen: Share all windows and apps that are open on your machine
- Application Window: Choose between the windows you have open on your machine
- Chrome tab: If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you will get the option to only share a specific tab
- Click Share to start sharing your screen.
If you are using Safari, you will only get one modal to allow Bevy Virtual to share the whole screen.
- Click Stop Sharing to end your screen share.
Only one person can screen share at one time. Learn more about sharing audio through screen share.
Screen sharing/MacOS permissions
If you're having trouble sharing your screen in Presenter Mode, you may need to change settings on a Mac computer. This is common for those that are using Bevy Virtual for the first time on a Mac computer.
- Click the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select System Preferences.
- Locate Security and Privacy.
- Toggle the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down to "Screen Recording" - enable this for your browser - Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Quit your browser and reopen the session. You should then be able to screen share.
If you are playing a video with sound through screen share, we recommend using headphones. The audio will come from the microphone detecting sound out of your computer speakers.
Attendee screen share experience
When a presenter is sharing the screen, their screen will take up the Bevy Virtual window and the presenter will appear as a thumbnail in the top right corner.
When no one is speaking, the thumbnail will display the person who is sharing their screen. It will change in real time to show the person speaking.
Recorded screen share experience
In the recording, screen share will appear as a picture in picture view.
Learn more about recording on Bevy Virtual.
Best practices for screen sharing on Bevy Virtual
- When recording your event, be sure to start recording before you begin screen sharing to ensure the entire presentation is captured!
- If you are a sharing a video with sound, choose to share a Chrome Tab, and select the "Share audio" box.
- Only one person can screen share at a time, but multiple speakers can have Presenter Mode enabled.
- It's always good to leave a buffer at the beginning and end of your recording so make sure you wait a few seconds before starting your talk or stopping the recording.
- Turn off our mute notifications for your apps.
- Use multiple monitors.