This article explains various settings available when using Bevy Ticketing. See external ticketing for managing RSVPs outside of Bevy.
The ticketing type available within the selected event type is determined from within the Admin Dashboard: RSVPs vs. Tickets (paid or free).
To add ticket types:
- From within the Chapter Dashboard, click Events from the left sidebar.
- Click the event you want to edit.
- Click the Edit tab, and navigate to the RSVPs tab.
- Add different tickets as needed, set quantity available as well as price (if applicable).
- Click the gear icon beside the ticket type to set additional options:
- Configure sales date ranges.
- Enable waitlists.
- Hide the ticket type.
- Set maximum and minimum purchase quantity
- Set a maximum venue capacity, if applicable. When maximum capacity is reached, tickets will appear as Sold Out on the event page, regardless of how many tickets are left. If left blank, this won’t affect existing tickets
- Click Save Draft / Preview / Publish when finished.
The ticket availability start must be set to the future for tickets to display in draft events. That is, tickets only display in draft events when ticket availability hasn't started yet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my event say RSVPs closed, even though the event is in the future?
Check your ticket availability date range! If the sale dates have passed, the tickets will not be available regardless of the event being in the future.
What is the difference between Ticket Quantity and Venue Capacity?
The purpose of the venue capacity is to help cap total tickets/RSVPs allocated. The assumption is that the available tickets won't exceed the venue capacity.
After the ticket quantity has sold, the event will show as Sold Out. If the venue capacity is set to be smaller than the ticket capacity, you will get a warning prior to publishing.
Why can't I change the ticket price? Why is the ticket price grayed out?
You can't change the price of a ticket if:
- A ticket is sold
- Someone selects a ticket but doesn't complete the checkout process
Instead of changing the price or removing the ticket, you can hide it instead. Learn more in Create a hidden ticket.
Can I change someone's ticket type for them?
You can't change the ticket type for an attendee. They can cancel their registration, and then register with the type of ticket they want.