This article explains how to create chapters. Chapters usually represent a city or a specific location in your community, but they can also represent different categories or areas of interest.
Once created, chapters have their own Chapter Dashboard. Anyone you add as a team member on the chapter team can access the settings for that chapter.
- In the Admin Dashboard, click Chapters in the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Click New Chapter.
- Enter your chapter information using different fields including:
- Title: The name of the chapter
- About: A description of the chapter
- Location: Where the chapter is located
- Chapter Status: If the chapter is active or inactive. Only team members that are logged in can view inactive chapters.
- Hidden: If people can find the chapter without the link. All events for a hidden chapter are hidden events. Only people with the URL can access a hidden chapter and it doesn't show up on the community homepage or in search results. Learn more here: Create a hidden event
- Region: The region or category of the chapter
- Currency: The currency used for payments, if payments are configured
- Use External Ticketing: If tickets require a URL for registration
- Logo: The logo that displays if using the global search or if part of a subgroup
- Banner: The image that displays at the top of the chapter home page
- Click Save.
- Edit chapter details and settings within the Chapter Dashboard.
After a chapter is created, click inside the Search Chapters box within the Admin Dashboard to locate the Chapter Dashboard.